Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First the GOOD news

After an agonizing two weeks of waiting for the CVS test results...

It's official, we're having a baby! It's chromosomally normal and male!

What a relief after last time... John and I have hardly been able to believe that it would really happen. Logically we knew it was extremely unlikely to have two trisomies in a row, but emotionally it has been surprisingly difficult. Now we can finally start getting excited about it.

The due date is Feb 3rd, which is so funny because that is both John's and my mom's birthday.

I am a little scared about having a boy, though. In the beginning it's not much different, but when it comes to sports and trucks and stuff, I don't know if I can do as good a job of parenting. Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out!

No comments: