Friday, January 9, 2009

Pregnancy sucks

I am not one of those women who loves being pregnant.

Here are some of the things I have really NOT enjoyed:

nausea
vomiting
heartburn
pelvis aches
hemorrhoids
constant need to pee
swelling of hands and feet
inability to sleep
backaches
contractions

My due date is less than four weeks away (Feb 3rd), but I'm really hoping this baby comes sooner. We've been to the hospital twice already for preterm labor. Apparently I have an "irritable uterus"... It was the same story with Genevieve. I remember the last couple of weeks being completely miserable, and being so relieved that she arrived 2 weeks early.

This time I'm "measuring big", whereas last time I remember the doctor saying "if that's a big baby, I don't know where you're hiding it." Of course, she did turn out to be tiny (5 lbs, 8 oz) and remains at the bottom of the charts to this day. It's obviously going to be a different story this time.

On Sunday at the hospital they said I was 1 cm, 20% effaced, baby at +2. On Wednesday at the doctor's office, they said 1.5 cm, 60% effaced, baby at -2. So things are progressing, but there's no way to know how long it will go.

No comments: